Saturday, January 15, 2011

NEWS: Yelawolf Speaks on Signing to Shady Records

Yelawolf sits down with VIBE magazine to discuss his recent signing with Shady Records. It's a good read.

"Keeping quiet was the hardest shit in the world, honestly. I was just so excited for a while. And everyone from my team was really responsible about not letting it out. But I met with Eminem about four to five months ago in Detroit. Paul and Em flew me and the manager out to just kick it and get acquainted. From that meeting, I had no idea it would turn into this situation. I remember Paul was asking me about the meth problem in Alabama and I told him that I wrote "Pop the Trunk" based off of that issue. Next thing I know, Em starts rapping some of my lines from the song. I can't even describe how that felt, I actually got super nervous. Em's a real hip-hop fan, he knows about everything that's going on."

Read the rest of the interview after the jump.

READ MORE HERE

Spotted at RapRadar.

No comments:

Post a Comment